A candidate shall be eligible for admission to the course leading to the Degree of Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) Provided:
- The candidate who have undergone 10+2+3 (15) or 11+1+3 (15) pattern of study and passed the X and XII examinations conducted by the respective State Board or CBSE or any other recognized Board of Education / Examination and UG Degree examination of the UGC approved Universities in any one of the school subjects offered by the Directorate of School Education at the Secondary /Higher Secondary Education level.
- Candidates with at least 50% of marks either in the Bachelor’s Degree and/or in the Master’s Degree in Sciences/Social Sciences/Humanity are eligible. Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology with specialisation in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks are also eligible for admission to B.Ed Degree programme.
- The three year Diploma in Engineering shall be treated as equivalent to +2 course for the purpose of eligibility for admission.
- All the B.E./B.Tech. graduates irrespective of their Branch in Engineering/Technology are eligible to study either Mathematics or Physical Science as Pedagogy of a School Subject. However the B.E./B.Tech. graduates in Computer Science related branches and Bio-Technology related branches are also eligible to study Computer Science and Biological Science as Pedagogy of School Subject respectively. The reservation of seats for the graduates in B.E./B.Tech. in each Pedagogy of School Subjects (viz. Mathematics, Physical Science, Biological Science & Computer Science) shall be 5% only,
- Candidates who have passed Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with not less than 3 years of duration under lateral entry are also eligible for admission.
- The candidates who are qualified in U.G. degree under Open University System after passing 10th Std and +2 examinations shall alone be considered for admission to B.Ed. degree programme.
- Candidates who have passed the UG or PG degree in Open University System without qualifying in 11 years SSLC examination and I year of Pre-University Course (PUC) examination or 10+2 pattern of school education examination shall not be considered for admission.
- However, candidates not qualified in XII examination or PUC but possessing Two Years Bachelor Preparatory Programme Certificate / Two years Foundation Course Certificate / Two Years Diploma Course conducted by State Government/ recognized Universities and qualified with three years UG Degree course are also considered to be eligible for admission
- Candidates who have studied more than one main subject in Part III (under Double / Triple Major System) of UG Degree course should have to choose only one of the main subjects and should have applied for that Optional only. In such cases, marks obtained by the candidates in Two / Three major subjects shall be taken into account to arrive percentage of marks stipulated in item (viii)
- Candidates who have passed under Double Degree / Additional Degree Programme with less than three years duration are not eligible for admission
- Candidates who have qualified in PG Degree (5 year integrated course) under 10+2+5 or 11+1+5 pattern of study shall be considered for admission. In such cases, the marks obtained by the candidates in the first three years (in major and ancillary / allied subjects alone) of the course alone shall be taken into account for admission
- Candidates who have done their UG degree in Applied Mathematics can apply for Mathematics
- Candidates who have done their UG degree in Applied Physics, Geo-Physics, Bio- Physics and Electronics can apply for Physical Science
- Candidates who have done their UG degree in Biochemistry and Applied Chemistry can apply for Physical Science
- Candidates who have done their UG degree in Biotechnology, Plant Biology and Plant Biotechnology can apply for Biological Science
- Candidates who have done their UG degree in Environmental Science and Micro-Biology can apply for Biological Science
- Candidates who have done their UG degree in Computer Science, Information Technology and Computer Applications etc., can apply for Computer Science.
Candidates, with the following marks in the U.G. Degree are eligible for admission to B.Ed. degree programme for the subjects such as English, mathematics , biologicalscience, ( botany. zoology ), and computer science. The marks obtained in U.G. Degree alone shall be taken to arrive at the rank even if they possess P.G. Degree in the Same subject. For the subject like commerce, P.G. Degree with not less than 50% marks is mandatory and the subject in U.G. and P.G, shall be one and the same.
Community / Category Minimum Marks OC 50% BC 45% MBC / DNC 43% SC 40%
- Marks obtained by the candidates in UG degree course Part III Major and Allied including Practicals (other than Economics, Commerce, Home Science, Political Science, Sociology, Psychology, Philosophy, Logic and Indian Culture) alone shall be taken into account to arrive at the percentage of marks mentioned above.
- Marks obtained by the candidates in PG degree (other than Economics) shall not be considered for admission.
- To arrive at above percentage of marks, the marks obtained by the candidates in Major and Allied subjects including Practicals alone shall be taken into account.
- Rounding off of marks to the next higher integer will not be permitted
- Candidates who have passed PG Degree in Economics, Commerce, Home Science, Political Science, Sociology, Psychology, Philosophy, Logic and Indian Culture without undergoing 10+2+3 or 11+1+3 pattern of education shall not be considered for admission
- In the case of Physically or Visually Challenged candidates, a minimum pass in the degree is enough.
However, the basis of selection shall be in accordance with the Regulations of the University / Government of Tamil Nadu Guidelines for admission to B.Ed course in force from time to time.